In-Town Bags pattern makes a DRAWSTRING PURSE & SMART HANDBAG
to personalize with your own vintage and vintage inspired fabrics!
This pattern has an update!
FOR THE HANDBAG
Project Finished Size: 10" wide x 10" tall with handles.
- 1 yard of a vintage or new vintage inspired fabric, preferably a
mid weight to heavier weight cotton that will hold the shape of the
bag. Home decor fabrics are great for this project too. (or if you
like.....choose one 1/2 yard of fabric for the exterior of the
handbag and a different 1/2 yard of fabric for the lining and
- 1 mid size decorative button for the Handbag front.
- 1 small decorative button for the Handbag back.
- 6" of 1/4" wide ribbon for the Handbag closure.
- Note: Using vintage jewelry pins is another quick way to jazz up
your Handbag and make it unique. You can use the pin in place of
your decorative button on the front or use both!
FOR THE DRAWSTRING PURSE
Project Finished Size: 10" wide x 14" tall with handles.
- 1/3 yard of coordinating fabric scraps (measuring at least
long) of vintage or vintage inspired fabrics for the outside of the
purse and for the handles and drawstring.
- 1/3 yard of a second coordinating solid or print fabric for the
NOTE: I prefer to use mid-weight to slightly heavier weight cottons.
- Pencil or fabric marking chalk
- Optional: 22" each of 2 different ribbons for
on the outside of the purse. You can also embellish your purse with
great buttons, beads or vintage jewelry pins. A row of beaded fringe
would be great across the bottom edge of this bag! You would need
10" of beaded fringe.