Sewing pattern for a convertible messenger style bag.
The Alice Book Bag is a smart-looking messenger style bag.
Its versatile design allows it to convert from a double shoulder strap to a single strap worn cross-body. The vertical profile of the bag offers plenty of room for a journal, magazines, and waterbottle with interior and exterior pockets for smaller items.
Alice will look great made in a fresh bold print or going old school by repurposing a vintage tablecloth or curtains.
Materials you'll need to make the Alice Book Bag:
• 3/4 yd of 45” wide Main fabric (Light to mid-weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, twill canvas, decorator fabrics, linens.)
• 3/4 yd of 45” wide Lining fabric (Light weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, broadcloth and shirting)
• 1 ¼ yd of 20” wide woven cotton fusible interfacing
• 2 yards of 1” wide cotton webbing
• 2 (or 3, optional) curtain grommets, 1” diameter hole
click here for more Betz White sewing patterns